Sunday, November 14, 2010

Our Home

Today, I finally got ahold of a concrete drill so that I could put my mirrors and some pictures on the walls! Yay!!!! It's amazing what little things can make a place feel like a home.  So, with that...I thought I would take you on a little picture tour of our current home (Lord knows we will be having lots of homes in this adventure called "the military life"). haha
We have so far lived in two different homes and they could not be any more opposite of each other!! Our first home in DC was a 3 story, 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath lovely townhome.  Our home here in Turkey is 1 level, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath...needless to say, we had to get rid of a few things before we came here and our 2nd bedroom here is also storage! :)

So, here we start...

This is walking in our front door..

The first room on the right is the spare bedroom/storage..
dont mind seeing the extra boxes..like i said..storage haha and some Christmas presents to be sent back home!


 From there you walk into the living room, which is WAY larger than the last one we had and I love that..
Still waiting to add my vinyl quote above the TV..

And this is looking from the other side of the room towards the front door

And then we have our tiny little kitchen..

The dining room and another view of the kitchen

View from the dining room

And we walk down another hall which the laundry room and tiny little bathroom are off of...but I am sparing the pictures of those rooms. Mostly the bathroom because J-Twice has decided that he doesn't like the shower curtains that I brought with us from the last house so right now we have a cheap one from the BX that does not match the rugs I have! hahaha (oh, my adventures in life..) I'm working on this...just very slowly obvioulsy. :)
and I just realised this picture is from the opposite direction of the rooms I was speaking of! ha, oh well
The last room is the Master room...


Oh, and can I tell you that all of these pictures were taken at about 430pm, and you see how dark it is outside. Yeah, BOOOO!!! haha  Above each of the windows is an interesting curtain hanger in the ceiling....they apparently hang curtains different here...so needless to say, the ones I had, don't work. We'll see if I change that. Another fun tidbit..the rugs in the living room and the runner in the hall are from here in Turkey! Rugs are a HUGE deal here, so we were excited to get some!

But this is our lovely little home in Turkey. Enjoy.















3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it in person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready for you to be here in person, Mom! :) and thanks Lori!

    ReplyDelete