Monday, November 1, 2010

5 years (a day late!)

5 Years ago today, you asked me to be your girlfriend.  I still have yet to figure out why you asked me on Halloween (or as you say, why I said yes on that day!).  Never in a million years did I ever think I would date you, better yet end up marrying you.  So funny to think of how long we "knew" each other before we really knew each other…and then it all turned into a "bet". ha 
I still remember the day (like it was yesterday) we went to the park and swung on the swings…me, singing "catch a falling star and put it in your pocket…never let it fade away.." and you STILL wanted to date me! I remember the red rose you gave me when you got in the car, I remember being antsy (because I was nervous) as we sat and watched the sunset, and then being kicked out of the park because the sun was setting. ha My life hasn't been the same since. 
I remember our first kiss. I remember the first time you said "I love you". I remember the day we had to say "see ya later" as you headed off to basic training for the Air Force. I remember counting down the days until you graduated so I got to see you again.  I remember walking around the library in Texas, not wanting our time to end,because I knew it was another "see ya later".  I remember counting down until you got to come home again.  I remember shopping for your new car.  I remember having to say "see ya later' and seeing you off to start your military career. I remember planning our trips and figuring out who was going to travel that month: me to see you, or you to see me. I remember our first trip to the beach together. I remember all our late night/early morning phone calls.  I remember all of our first holidays together. I remember missing you so much. I remember our first vacation.  I remember the day you asked me to marry you.  I remember planning our wedding.  I remember saying "I do". I remember our honeymoon. I remember saying "see ya later" to all my friends and family to go start a life of our own. I remember having the hardest "see ya later" as I sent you off to war.  I remember counting down the days till you would be home, in my arms again.  I remember crying because I missed you.  I remember our first hug after you got home. I remember our first family vacation.  I remember finally being able to celebrate our wedding anniversary, together.  I remember all the trips we took together: New York City, Las Vegas, Ocean City…. I remember you saying "we're moving to Turkey".  I remember packing up our first house.  I remember moving half way around the world with you.  I remember.  
We have had quite the adventure together in the last 5 years, my love.  I can not wait to make more memories together with you.  You are my world, you are my everything.  Thank you for telling my brother "She is hot!". Thank you for that evening in CiCi's! Thank you for asking me to be your girlfriend.  Thank you for asking me to be your wife.  Thank you for saying "I do".  Thank you for never giving up on "us".  
I love you to the moon and back, my love. 


8 comments:

  1. Awe! That was so sweet! I love this picture collage too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful. You made me cry! Thanks for sharing your memories with the rest of us. Love you both bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you had some tissues! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. not nice!! Of course, I was reading this outloud to Granny and Sarah.....sniffle sniffle...love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that you did not warn me before I started reading this out loud : ) I am glad you have so many memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are silly! :) next time ill put a "tissue alert" when I think it may be necessary! haha

    ReplyDelete