Wednesday, November 10, 2010

In my head.....

Hello everyone!! Sorry I haven't been the greatest at keeping up with this blog as of late...I really don't have a whole lot to write about.  That only means one thing to me...we need to get out and travel!!! :) We were planning on making a trip to Cappadocia this weekend, but ummm....that would require one of us going to sign up for the trip and that has yet to happen! haha Good thing is---they have groups that go pretty much every other weekend, so we'll make it there soon!

J-Twice finally got his certificate for being September's Logistics Airman of the Month. shh...don't tell him I told you!!! He didn't think he deserved it, but his supervisor obviously felt differently. He had to go in front of a board and compete with some other Airman, and J-Twice won.  I tried to tell him for someone only being here since August, he's obviously doing something good but he doesn't like to see it that way! haha (boys.....)

I still don't have a job (and I haven't been looking too hard for one).  On the other hand, I am completely enjoying being able to go out and about with the girlfriends I have made here.  Last week, a group of 7 of us ventured into Old Adana on the Dolmus (the bus system here) and had a great time.  I got some fabric to re-upholster the rocking chair we have, so I am looking forward to doing that project! Look, I am becoming all domesticated and stuff...hahahaha!!!!! Along with all the fun i'm having, i'm also enjoying being back in the gym. My foot hurts occassionally but for the most part i'm back to where I was before jumping off rocks! :) The base is having a "Cold Turkey 5K" next weekend and us girls are supposed to be attendng! It seems they have 5K's often, so hopefully by time we leave here i'll be well off! 

Speaking of...can you believe we've been here 3 full months already!?! Time is flying by for me! The time has changed over here also, so now the sun is set by 5pm...I am not exactly a fan of that, but eh- what choice do I have! LOL I was talking to a lady that is getting ready to leave here in a few weeks about the weather during the "winter" here and she says it will get only cold enough to wear a jacket or sweatshirt, but gloves/hats/scarves aren't needed. AAAHHHHH....Sounds ah-may-zing!! :) She says it will rain a lot, but that when it rains, it down-pours, floods everything, and then the sun shines! Do you hear this!?! Heaven to my ears! No SNOW?! No freezing cold temps?!! No ice!?!?!! YES.PLEASE!!!!! Esp. after those FEET of snow we had in DC last winter! But, that doesn't stop me from wanting to take a snow tubing trip to the mountains! A group of us are planning to do that mid-Dec...should be fun! 

Christmas is coming up, QUICK!  This will be my first Christmas away from home.  I may stay in bed all day. HA, just kidding.   I can't do that.  I need to get out and get some shopping done...I will be running out of time to get stuff home in time! OHHHH, speaking of Holidays...I'm doing Thanksgiving at my house this year...that means i'm making a turkey....for the first time!! hahahahahaha This shall be interesting!! I am told it is easy, so we shall see! I'm actually really excited about it, so it should be a good time.  Some friends of ours will be joining us. Military life...overseas esp.....friends become your family.  That will be a blog entry itself! :) 

Well, I guess I did have some stuff to write about...but I'm out of words now! Hope everyone is doing well.....love you all!


Oh, I'll leave you with this pic of our sunset the other night as we were grillin' out in the backyard. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment